What is the rental fee and what does it include?
- Please see the details found here for complete pricing and included items.
What is the building capacity?
- 300 guests including the wedding party
What dates are available?
Please see the available dates information here.
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- Yes. When the contract is signed we require a $1,000 deposit. Nine months prior to the event 50% of the remaining fee will be due. The final payment installment will be due 30 days before the event. Feel free to send smaller, partial payments of any amount prior to the specified date. Full payment is due by the specified due date. We will hold a credit card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds. We reserve the right to charge the card on file for any damages to the facility or grounds.
How do I reserve a date?
- To reserve a date email us at firstname.lastname@example.org saying you are ready to book XYZ date if it is still available. Please email us stating you are ready to book your preferred date and then include a backup date in case your preferred date is NOT available. We hope you come to see the venue in person before you book your wedding. To request a tour (or a Facetime tour if you live out of the area) go to our tour request page. However, an in person tour is not required prior to booking your wedding date. Dates are reserved on a first requested basis. The first person who has requested to start the contract process from us by email first for a specific date will be first in line.
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
Our tours are by appointment only. You can request a tour here.
What is the average budget of a couple getting married at the Bus Event Center?
- We pride ourselves on being a venue where you can customize every aspect of your wedding. This means you can have a huge budget or a more limited budget and can still have an amazing wedding at our venue. In general, we believe the average budget of a couple getting married at the Bus Event Center is between $12,000-$14,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food, dress, DJ, photographer, etc.). Remember this is just a range, we have had weddings with a more modest budget of around $8,000 and other weddings with a budget of well over our average range.
Is there a food and beverage, or guest count minimum?
- Absolutely not. Our desire is to keep the cost of the wedding as low as possible for our couples. For this reason, we choose not to make a commission on what you spend on food or beverage.
Do we have to utilize your caterers and bar service?
- No. We want you to be able to have the wedding you are dreaming about, while still working within your budget. Therefore, we do not have any exclusive vendors that you must choose from. You are free to pick the best caterer and bar service that meets your needs. All Caterers must have their proper state and local licenses and carry their own insurance. In addition, we require an officer to be present at the venue through the time when alcohol is being served. The officer fee is $50 an hour.
Will there be another wedding the same day?
- At the Bus Event Center we focus exclusively on you on the day of your wedding.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
- Yes. Several hotels are located within a 5 min drive from our venue. Remember to make reservations early, especially if there is a Texas Tech event (game, graduation, orientation, etc..) taking place the weekend of your wedding.
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
- Our exclusive parking lot holds 125 cars. There is also street parking accessible all around the building that guests will have access to.
Do you offer straight tables instead of round?
- Yes, you choose if you would rather have straight or round tables.
Do you provide table linens, cups, silverware, etc?
- No. We provide an awesome venue, tables, and chairs, for the allotted amount of time. You are also welcome to bring your own linens or use an outside vendor.
What happens in case of rain?
- Good news! We are a completely indoor venue so it doesn't matter if it is rain or shine, wind or calm, summer heat or winter chill, you and your guests will be nice and comfortable in our venue.
We plan to have our ceremony offsite, or only plan to have our ceremony at the Bus Event Center. Does your fee change?
- Because we host only one event per day, our fee remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
- As an indoor venue we have to be sensitive to all the guests in our building. Those at your wedding and those who will be attending weddings in the days to follow. For this reason we do not allow any type of pets in our facility. The only exception to this is service dogs.
What form of payment does the Bus Event Center accept?
- Our preferred form of payment is check.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
- We do not have a cancellation waiting list because cancellations are unpredictable. As soon as a date does become available we post it here on the Available Dates page.
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
- You will have exclusive access to the venue at the time listed on your contract. Access will begin promptly at the time agreed upon in the contract. Please make appropriate plans for the time agreed upon at the venue.
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
- No. In order for there to be no misunderstanding, we want to clearly say we do not provide a wedding day coordinator. However, we do have a team leader here before you arrive onsite who stays with you throughout the duration of your wedding. This member of the Bus Event Center team is there to help you however they can (be an extra set of hands decorating, answer questions from your vendors and direct them to the desired locations, and make sure the venue is in great shape, etc.) The Team Leader's goal is to do everything possible to help your day go smoothly and stress-free as possible!
Does the Bus Event Center handle the catering orders for the caterers, or do I work with the caterer directly?
- In our experience, it's most efficient and most budget friendly for couples to work directly with the caterer. First, book your wedding with the Bus Event Center and then reach out to the caterers of your choice to schedule a meeting.
Would your video cameras be a distraction during my event?
Absolutely not. We have three robotic cameras that are run from our sound booth and do not require anyone moving around to get the perfect shot. Additionally, we have one manually run camera at the back of the room which is placed very discreetly. These cameras allow us to get video footage that you won't find at any other event center in town.
I have family that can't make the event, is there any way they can see the event?
We have you covered with our Streaming Package. We can use our video broadcast system to stream your event directly to Youtube where you will be able to provide your guests a link where they can watch live. Not only that but we can also provide a copy of this Live Stream within 30 days from your event.
What does the dance floor look like?
Is there a sound system at the venue?
We have a start of the art facility. We have 3 Martin Audio Dual 10" subwoofers and 4 Martin Audio powered speakers. For your event you will have access to needed microphones, projectors, and computers. Our venue DJ will provide all night fun and if you would like a band instead they will sound amazing on our sound system.
When is the next open house?
- Our open house events are designed for couples who have already had a private tour of Haue Valley. If we have already had the chance to meet we welcome you out to one of our open house events. Open house dates and the RSVP form can be found here.
How will the tables, chairs, etc. be arranged for my sized event?
- The Team Leader will coordinate with you the preferred set up for the day. You can tell us where you want all the tables and chairs to go or we can suggest the most common types of room configuration.
If we choose the one day option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
- If you choose the one day rental, our venue will likely be reserved by another couple the night before. For that reason, one day rentals should plan for an offsite rehearsal. We encourage you to bring anyone who will play a prominent role in your wedding ceremony or reception (such as your DJ, minister, or parents of unpredictable toddlers) to one of our open houses.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
- Fireworks are not permitted. This includes sparklers. We want to keep the fire department happy!
What time does the music need to end?
- Music on Friday's/Saturday's must conclude by 11:00 p.m. to allow you to get all of your items and all of your vendor's items off the property by midnight. Music on Sunday's must conclude by 10:00 p.m. to be off property by 11:00 pm.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
- We desire to serve only one bride a day so that we can ensure they each get our best attention on their special day. For this reason, we ask that any deliveries or pick-ups take place within the rental period. This enables us to give the bride our full attention for a whole day.
Can we get married somewhere other than the auditorium?
- Yes, another great option for a smaller ceremony is the awning on the south side of the venue. The awning provides an industrial backdrop for an outdoor wedding. This space can accommodate up to 150 people.
Are candles allowed?
- Yes, candles are allowed as long as the flame is completely contained in a candle holder. Tapered candles and any type of hanging candles will not be allowed because we want to keep the fire department happy.
How many people fit at a table?
- Our round tables fit 6 people comfortably and 8 people if you want them to get to know each other really well. Our long tables seat 6 people.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
How do I obtain a marriage license?
- Between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm go to the Lubbock County Clerks Office, which is located in the Lubbock County Courthouse. Both the bride and groom must be present and you'll need your drivers licenses and your social security numbers. It's $72 for the license fee. There is a 72 hour waiting period before the license will be issued. The county's phone number is 806.775.1054 if you would like to reach them for additional questions or clarification.
Setup and Day-of Event Questions
Are outside snacks and trays permitted?
- Absolutely. Outside food and drink is permitted prior to the ceremony. However, outside food and drinks are not allowed after the start of the event and will only be served through vendors.. Please no drinks in glass bottles at any time during your rental period.
What is the event clean-up process?
- Bus Event Center staff will handle all standard clean up and trash removal throughout and following the wedding reception. We just ask that you pick up any of the personal items you brought into the facility and help us put all trash into trash cans.
Can we take photos around the venue on our wedding day?
- Sure! We would love for you to take pictures all around our building. Feel free to ask us about some great spots for pictures.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the ceiling?
- We ask that if you would like to hang any type of decorations on any walls you would use 3M strips exclusively. There are bars located throughout the auditorium that you are allowed to hang decor from. Please ask the Bus Event Center staff to direct you to those bars. If you have any questions about decor our staff would be happy to answer questions and give potential ideas for